Our Expertise – We are Chartered Building Surveyors
Record Associates are a Shropshire based firm of Chartered Building Surveyors and Development Managers with over 20 years of experience within the property and construction industry at Partner and Director level. We are based in Shrewsbury and operate across Shropshire, Mid Wales, the West Midlands and further afield.
Our Expertise as Building Surveyors
As a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors and Chartered Project Managers, our Building Surveyors can help you with every aspect of property ownership from acquisition through to disposal. Our core areas of expertise include:
- Residential Building Surveys – We routinely undertake Building Surveys of large period houses >£500,000 across Shropshire & Mid Wales including the provision of valuation advice, development advice and the preparation of costings for repairs, maintenance and adaptations;
- Commercial Building Surveys – We also undertake Commercial Building Surveys or Pre-Acquisition Surveys for private individuals, trusts and businesses looking to acquire freehold or long leasehold investment property or conventional leasehold accommodation;
- Dilapidations Advice – The Preparation and defence of Interim and Terminal Schedules of Dilapidations on behalf of Landlords and Tenants;
- Preparation of Schedules of Condition – The preparation of Schedules of Condition prior to the signing of a lease, commencement of development works or undertaking a condition survey to assess your repair and maintenance liabilities;
- Defects Diagnosis, Repairs & Maintenance – Survey and investigation of building defects, advice on remedial works and the selection and appointment of a builder to undertake the works
- Insurance claims – Survey and investigation of damage arising from fire, flood or subsidence, preparation of specifications & schedules of work and the implementation of the remedial works;
- Expert Witness – As a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors, Project managers and RICS Registered Valuers we are experienced in providing Expert Witness reports on residential and commercial property, negligence claims and property & construction disputes in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and RICS Practice Statement, “Surveyors acting as expert witnesses”.
Our Expertise as Development Managers
As a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors and Chartered Project Managers, our Development Managers are uniquely placed to help you with every aspect of the development lifecycle from inception to completion. Our core areas of expertise include:
- Construction Project Management – Supporting clients throughout development lifecycle including appointing other advisors, advising on programme, costs, key issues, risks and the planning process through to the selection and appointment of builders / contractors and management of the works on site;
- Employers Agent – Administration of the design and construction contract between an employer and their builder / contractor;
- Contract Administration – Administration of the construction contract between an employer and their builder / contractor;
- Development Monitoring – Monitoring of a development on behalf of a third party whose has an interest in the development;
We have been involved in a wide range of Projects across several Sectors and cover a broad geographic area which includes Mid Wales, Shropshire, the North West, East Midlands and West Midlands and all the major centre including Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Telford, Wolverhampton, Manchester, Birmingham, Coventry, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester – though we have taken on larger commissions from further afield.
If you are in need of an experienced Building Surveyor or Project Manager we would be delighted to discuss your requirement and help assess what is needed and how we can add value.
For more information on the Surveying profession and the role of the Building Surveyor please visit the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Health & Social Care
- Sport & Leisure
- Law and Order
- Local Government