Construction Project Management
We have an enviable, proven, track record in all aspects of building consultancy including Construction Project Management having been at the reigns of the some of the largest and most complex construction projects around and gaining a strong reputation within the industry. This is demonstrated by some of the commendations which we have received and the articles we have written for JCT News all of which can be found on our News page.
The development and construction process is fraught with risks and never has this been more so than in the present economic climate. Starting off on the right foot and ensuring strong leadership is at the helm will help reduce such risks and maximise the outcomes in terms of achieving best value and delivering on budget, on programme and to the required quality.
The key to this is preparation, but in an increasingly dynamic environment where there are conflicting pressures on cost, quality and time, clients need an experienced construction project manager who has a detailed knowledge and understanding of the development process from the initial business case right through to the post project review.
Our Construction Project Management Skills…
Using our hard won knowledge and experience, Record Associates, are able to advise clients on a range of Construction Project Management skills and disciplines across the whole project lifecycle including:
- Strategic property advice
- Design management
- Development of business case(s)
- Consultant selection
- Feasibility Studies & Options appraisals
- Procurement of specialist surveys and reports
- Delivery planning & programming
- Procurement advice
- Competition strategy & contract selection
- Risk management
- Value management & value engineering
- Contract Administration
- Cost control
- Change Control
- Stakeholder engagement
- Gateway Reviews
- Move/Transition management
- Commissioning & handover
- Soft landings
Record Associates’ approach and philosophy revolves around the following key principles:
- First, to listen, assimilate and formulate an effective strategy and execution plan
- Keep matters simple and take baby steps not giant leaps
- Challenge established thinking and explore new ways of working to deliver better value
- Introduce modern and efficient working practices and procedures wherever possible
- Have wherewithal to act on clients behalf if need be
- Maintain the highest standards of client care
These principles are underpinned by our policy of providing only experienced professionals so the lines of responsibility are short and direct enabling decisions to be made quickly and efficiently by those actively involved in the project. As a result of this our clients benefit from a high level of expertise, efficient delivery of service and all round better value for money.
We cover a broad geographic area which includes the East Midlands and West Midlands and all the major centres including Telford, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Coventry, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester – though we have taken on larger commissions from further afield. If you are in any doubt just ask and we would be delighted to assist.