Expert Witness

Property disputes often arise where an Expert Witness report is required for court, tribunal, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution.

As a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors, Project managers and RICS Registered Valuers we are experienced in providing Expert Witness reports on residential and commercial property, negligence claims and property & construction disputes in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and RICS Practice Statement, “Surveyors acting as expert witnesses”. We are able to act for one party to the dispute or, as is becoming increasingly common (due to the costs involved with legal proceedings), for both parties as a Single Joint Expert.

We are qualified to deal with a broad range of property and construction matters including:

Building defects
Building / Construction disputes
Surveyor negligence
Defective workmanship
Party wall & boundary disputes
Freehold valuation

We are in close contact with a number of solicitors throughout the region who regularly instruct us to prepare both Preliminary Reports and Expert Reports as required.

Where a dispute arises, it is best to be resolved quickly and at a cost which is proportionate to the dispute itself and the sums involved.

Record Associates offer a service where we will inspect the relevant property and if required, prepare a preliminary report either directly with our client or their instructing solicitor. Our preliminary report will enable our client to decide the best way to proceed further and that can often lead to a quicker resolution rather than embarking on expensive and lengthy court action at the outset.

For further professional advice and to discuss your needs in detail, please call us and we would be delighted to help.

Further Information and Useful Links

Ministry of Justice: Experts and Assessors

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Client Guide to Surveyors Acting as Expert Witnesses

  • Residential
  • Commercial
  • Health & Social Care
  • Sport & Leisure
  • Education
  • Law and Order
  • Local Government

If you would like to discuss your situation, Ask the Expert about a specific enquiry or obtain a quotation then please Contact Us and we would be delighted to assist.