Practical Completion Acheived on Medical Centre Redevelopment
After 44 weeks on site practical completion has now been achieved on the £600,000 Downsfield Medical Centre Redevelopment.
The works were completed in three phases whilst the practice remained in occupation and has involved significant extension and reconfiguration of the former 1950’s house and the building services to provide a practice which is now in the best possible fitness to meet the challenges facing primary care.
The project has been part funded (60%) by the NHS via their Estates and Technology Transformation Fund (formerly the Primary Care Infrastructure Fund) with the remaining 40% funded via the practice.
Since the works have been completed the practice has seen a significant jump in new patient registrations so the investment by the practice is already yielding positive returns and will help provide a far more positive outlook for the practice.
For further information on the redevelopment project please see our Case Study .