Principal Designer Duties
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM 2015) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects.
CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
Record Associates can assist with the following:
- Identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information.
- Provide pre-construction information to designers, the Principal Contractor and Contractors.
- Ensure that designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other.
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor for the duration of the appointment.
- Prepare the health and safety file.
We utilise our experience in Surveying, Construction Project Management and Architectural Design to provide a thorough understanding of the design processes, construction methods and relevant legislation. This knowledge is essential for effective CDM Advice.
If you would like to discuss your situation on a confidential basis please contact our Julian Record and he would be delighted to assist.